Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video ad costing much more than my budget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've recently had video ad campaign with a budget of 6 SEK per day with a max CPV of 0.04, it's now been running for 6 days and has amassed a cost of 1.487 SEK with an average CPV of 0.80, both values are far above what I had stated as my max budget.

It should be no more than 6 SEK per day so around 36 SEK, and even though the CPV may vary somewhat 1000%+ seems ridiculous!
Is it only a glitch or is it possible I will be billed for that sum?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Since this is a public forum, we don't have access to your personal account; however, this sounds like you've encountered overdelivery of your ads.

This isn't a bad thing since internet traffic is like an ocean. Some days, there will be small waves. Other days, there will be great big ones. So, if your ads don't show up much because of low traffic, then we'll make up for that by showing them more when traffic's higher.

Rest assured, if we end up showing your ad too much -- to the point where you accrue more costs than your daily budget allows for over a billing cycle -- then we'll give you a credit for those extra costs.

To learn more, read this Community post and Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Since this is a public forum, we don't have access to your personal account; however, this sounds like you've encountered overdelivery of your ads.

This isn't a bad thing since internet traffic is like an ocean. Some days, there will be small waves. Other days, there will be great big ones. So, if your ads don't show up much because of low traffic, then we'll make up for that by showing them more when traffic's higher.

Rest assured, if we end up showing your ad too much -- to the point where you accrue more costs than your daily budget allows for over a billing cycle -- then we'll give you a credit for those extra costs.

To learn more, read this Community post and Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer