4.7K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video Ads with in App placement?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a test today: for my video ad I selected placement and then "Mobile placement", I was curious how my video ads will be displayed in apps as an ad. The result: in half an hour I spent 3 times my budget!! But in my placement tabs I've got 0 impressions and 0 views(for mobile apps), in the "Where ads were shown" I saw that my ad was shown 2635videos, most of them music and kids videos! 

As a conclusion, video ads cannot be placed in mobile apps! and if you try is as if you place no restriction on the placement of your ad so youtube will show your ad in ANY video !!!  Is my assumption correct? 

This is very disappointing because the "Mobile placement" option is valid for Video ads and if you choose it you get no warnings!  I lost a lot of money on untargeted traffic. Should I ask for a refund?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@catalin m, If you want to target only Google Video partner and Display network in Trueview Campaign, its not possible. Your ads can be served on both network Youtube Video and Google Display network.

But, you made a mistake while creating a campaign. You have not added any targeting for Youtube targeting, so your campaign has been OPEN TARGETING for Youtube Ads. That's why it serves on the YouTube irrelevant video placements.

Now, as you know, you can not exclude the Youtube Video platform, so I'd suggest you add one managed placement Video in the campaign, which is relevant for your business and that has a very low traffic or subscriber base.

In this way, AdWords will show your video ads on that one managed placement Video channel and Mobile apps placement, that you have already added in your campaign. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! Great advise! I'll try it right now.

Do you know how my video ad will be shown in my targeted mobile apps? It's a banner when clicked will play my video?