5.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video Add Eligible and approved, but not "serving"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I have an add approved and eligible, but no movement whatsoever. 

It has been approved 4 days ago. 

What tweak should I consider? 

1. Increase the bid? -  if so, how would I figure out the number.

2. Make the market broader? - its very small market ( Bulimia Nervosa), I used key words and also targeting specific competitors channels. 

3. Increase daily budget? 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Liza

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video Add Eligible and approved, but not "serving"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Liza K I suspect you're being too narrow with your targets; a combination of Keywords and specific channels may end up with a very limited audience.  What does the traffic estimator say for this combination (on the right hand side of the page when you're changing targeting).

It could also be the bid is too low, after all, even if there are potential impressions you've still got to win the auction.  Knowing what it should be is tricky, so I'd be inclined to increase it by 10% - 20% per day until something starts happening (assuming you've ruled out the limited audience issue).

Budget is probably the least likely problem because even if it's restricting your views, it should allow something.  The only exception to that might be where the daily budget is very close to the CPC (e.g. a daily budget of $1 and a CPC of $0.95).  In such a case it may be very difficult for AdWords to serve Ads.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, Jon!

Thank you very much for your advice. I appreciate your time.
Does It matter if I target specific channel in one ad, and key words in the second? These 2 ads are in one campaign; I do not combine KW and Channell targeting in a separate ad.

Also, for some reason when I change the targeting I don't see the volumes at all. I am not sure if I am looking at the right place. ( i saw them when I was putting the campaign together)

Thank You!
Liza

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got an information bubble - regarding the keywords. I am not sure, if it is because on the niche I am in.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiz212vultd2rp8/message_youtube_campaign.png?dl=0