Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

TrueView in Conversion Path

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How do I track TrueView on conversion path? I can't see any Video Campaingn on the path Smiley Sad I run a large video campaign based on remarketing lists and it is very unlikely that none of views was on conversion track. I also did some tests by clicking&watching my TrueView ads, then made a conversion. Unfortunately "Video Campaign" didn't show up on conversion path... Does anybody have an idea why...? Adwords an Analytics are merged.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
September 2015

Re: TrueView in Conversion Path

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
Unfortunately, it's not available in MCF reports. Yet. However, I believe this is coming.
The only (scant) reports are the AdWords>Video report in the "Site Usage" tab. And even this is pretty minimal.

In The AdWords tools>>Attribution reports, video is not available yet either.

The workaround here, is to manually tag links but that doesn't take into account the views themselves. Only clicks.

I know a lot of work is going into AdWords for video at the moment so I would expect to make a showing soon enough. As we're in the same boat, I completely feel your pain. On the plus side, your attribution based strategy is, in my opinion, quite far ahead of what 99% of advertisers are doing right now, you have to consider yourself on the bleeding edge.

If you want to subscribe to this thread, I'll update it when this is made available as it's something I'll be watching closely myself.

Sorry that wasn't the news you were hoping for.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
Are you talking about the Behaviour Flow report in GA?
Or are you running a report in the AdWords UI?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dave!

I am talking about GA Conversions/Multi Channel Funnels. I have enabled Advertising Features, changed code properly, but still can't find any Video on my Conversion Paths....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
Unfortunately, it's not available in MCF reports. Yet. However, I believe this is coming.
The only (scant) reports are the AdWords>Video report in the "Site Usage" tab. And even this is pretty minimal.

In The AdWords tools>>Attribution reports, video is not available yet either.

The workaround here, is to manually tag links but that doesn't take into account the views themselves. Only clicks.

I know a lot of work is going into AdWords for video at the moment so I would expect to make a showing soon enough. As we're in the same boat, I completely feel your pain. On the plus side, your attribution based strategy is, in my opinion, quite far ahead of what 99% of advertisers are doing right now, you have to consider yourself on the bleeding edge.

If you want to subscribe to this thread, I'll update it when this is made available as it's something I'll be watching closely myself.

Sorry that wasn't the news you were hoping for.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I thought it was possible because of some news found on the net like this: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/06/19/google-announces-display-network-impression-reporting/ ...
Nevertheless - I am looking forward to your update!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
That post is from 2 years ago and I believe that it was only possible with the Doubleclick implementation.

Right now, we cannot see this:
"In the Additional data section, select the Enable Google Display Network Impression Reporting checkbox to turn on display impression data from the Google Display Network. Data is recorded from the time the switch is turned On."

I'm going to ping a colleague from the GA forum to see if I can get more info on this.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
No joy there I'm afraid Smiley Sad
According to the GA post here: http://analytics.blogspot.ie/2013/06/see-full-impact-of-unclicked-display.html this was a limited whitelist and to be honest, I haven't seen it released since then. To be honest, I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it.

I assume that my initial report was correct in that video just falls under the generic "display" MCF grouping. You can create a custom channel grouping called video based on the campaign name but I don't think that will work. I'm testing it now.

It's going to be Monday by the time I can reach out to someone and see if they can confirm my suspicions. Considering the push AdWords for video is getting, I can't imagine we'll be in the dark too long. I'll keep you posted.