Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Third party tracking pixel - youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to add a pixel tracking script to a Youtube ad so that I can track the visitors through my tool instead of Youtube analytics or google adwords.

Hence, I have one URL that has the pixel tracking code and one URL that redirects back to my website. 

So far I cannot figure out how to do that.

Any suggestions are welcome Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Third party tracking pixel - youtube

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dionysios Z

We've done this for some additional 3rd party tracking solutions on YouTube.  

You may be able to submit a request here or via AdWords Support/Your Dedicated rep.  I'm not sure what you're looking to implement but the vendor of the pixel may have to be on this list:  https://developers.google.com/third-party-ads/adwords-vendors?rd=1

I've only ever done this with a certified vendor and our reps handled it for us.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the tips.

Does the link will work for Youtube impression tracking too?

Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I know, you can't ad any scripts on your youtube that would count impression - but if you use a click tracking software, you can count the clicks and the conversions back to the tracking software. You wont know the number of impressions tough. 

What tracking software do you use?