5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting in AdWords for Video Question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If you have a targeting group that has both specific Placements AND Age is the video ad then served to either the Placement URL and Age or do both criteria need to be met to be considered to show?

I ask because it seems like if I have Age groups in my Targets then the video ads get more impressions versus when just Placements, leading me to believe AdWords is showing the video ads based on the Age criteria alone.

Thanks in advance!

T 8)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting in AdWords for Video Question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Yes, having more than one targeting criteria in the same targeting group would make the targeting narrow. In this case, ads would serve only on selected placements when the age criteria is satisfied. I'd combine demo with topics or interests as they're wide, not with placements as it is already specific. However, I'd like to ask if you're comparing dates with & without age to conclude which works better or it is a perception?

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
First, it's much appreciated that you've answered my inquiry! Thanks!

So, as a follow up, if I may, what is the difference between a target that:

1. Has all Ages selected with say 100 URL Specific Placements

and

2. a Target that has no Ages selected and the 100 URL Specific Placements?

The strange thing is, I seem to get more impressions, views and cost when the situation is case 1 not 2, which led me to think is was less narrow/focused.

I've not compared times or dates yet...I will do that after a few more days of experimenting.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You're welcome!

I don't see a difference in these, as all demo is selected by default. If you aren't excluding any demo, it is meant for all ages & genders. Same is the case when you add all of them. I'd suggest considering at least a week's data to compare, then take a call. Sorry for the delayed response Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar