4.1K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Target Youtube video with Display Campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I know we can target youtube video with true view video ads and companion banners.

But, Is it possible to add video url as placement and target them from display campaign ( no video campaign). 

What banner size is required. 

Thanks

Re: Target Youtube video with Display Campaign

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anil,

Yes, you would be able to add the selected YouTube links as multiple managed placements to your Display campaign. Create a 300x250 banner ad as it would be served on a watch page.

However, there was a similar question posted in this community page in March. I am sharing the Link so you can read through as it answers everything you are looking for.

Hope this helps !!

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prashanth,
thanks for your replied. I have already done that, but this adgroup of Video url as placement, is not getting any impression.

Any idea?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anil,

Pleasure to Help you.

I assume you have a pure Placement Targeted Campaign, if so then please check whether you have selected the Bidding Option as "Bid Only" or "Target & Bid". If you have selected the option Bid Only option then your ads will not serve. So please change it to "Target & Bid" Option.

If not, then make your campaign a pure placement targeted campaign by removing other targeting options. Also check if the ads approved (Please check it should be 300x250 banner ad only). If everything is fine, then please increase the bid and Budget and give it few days to run.

If this preliminary points doesn't help then please go through this Extensive Resource ( a point to point things to look at) which provides great information on Fixing Placement Issues. Please read through the resource and you would surely be able to fix it.

Finally, it is also recommended to wait for a week (For Display Campaign) once everything is fine and then you can scrutinise the performance.

Hope this helps !!

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anil,

I recommend to include 728*98 size banner as well. It can run as a overlays ad. This will help you to get impressions.

Kindly let me know if you require any additional info on this.

Regards,
Gokuldas K