Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Adwords Account and YouTube Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

4 years ago I got an Adwords account suspension because of direct linking campaigns I ran as a young inexperienced marketer. Jump ahead to today and I am now working a lot with video professionally and would like to use YouTube ads for my clients but I have never been able to get this account Unsuspended. Communication has been blunt with no explanation. I can only presume it was because of the direct linking as that involves destination pages I had no control over.

Is there anything that I can do or is that it for life. I don't even want to do regular Adwords these days but only Adwords for video and by the book.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob D,

Sometimes our youth rears itself later down the line, as you are finding out. 

It would be hard to say if it is a lifetime suspension or not, but that does happen. I take it your Google account and website address is the same one that was suspended years ago? 

The best thing I can suggest is to read this info carefully and use all of the links to interact with Google further.

If AdWords is still a no-go, yet your website and account has changed, you may be able to use YouTube advertising? The Creator Academy might be enjoyable to you? 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You must  fix the violation (which took place a few years ago) before you can appeal to be reinstated.

Fixing the violation is a must. If you have no control on the landing pages (as you mentioned), and cannot fix them - then, Google will not allow you to advertise again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’