2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Strange message: "Pausing TrueView discovery on YouTube search pages"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone explain me what this message means? I saw it today and my conversions dropped to half. I run a display video ad with placement option

message.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @catalin m,

Don't quote me on this, but this notification might be related to a controversy that YouTube is facing with some big brands at the moment. Judging by the language used in the notification, I don't think this action is unique to you.

Edit: In fact, I've just looked into one of my accounts and I can see the same notification.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So how long will it takes to get unpaused again? There is no info from google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would agree with ScottyD. Mine are paused too. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Once I tried keyword targeting with "ballet" and I got videos on Trump and how to cleaning toilet with vinegar in placement report. I am not surprised if big companies start to withdraw from YouTube ads.  

R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeing a significant drop in the ad impressions (advertising campaigns on youtube) in the past couple of days. The video campaigns are barely getting any views and im setting the budget to high amounts.

Google must be doing some emergency campaign targeting fixing. Hopefully this won't take long as I have about 90 video campaigns active and they're barely getting views Smiley Sad

R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I hope Google sees this and fixes it asap. It's ridiculous. I would promote a hip hop song and target hip hop audience, but get views from weird Chinese videos, abc songs, etc. I haven't seen my ads on some extremist videos though, so that's good Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also facing this problem, I have 5 campaigns running in youtube in search, I was getting daily 300+ views on each campaigns but now its drop to 20 to 30 views with high CPV rate, First i was getting 0.02 to 0.03 Avg CPV But Now i facing 0.07 to 0.08 CPV with less views. Smiley Sad I hope for best.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Is there any news about TrueView discovery?

There is no message anymore, but also there is no traffic! 

Please give some info about the problem!

Thanks

Re: Strange message:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Still no news, I already contact to adwords support they said that they
still working on it.