Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Search for paid campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

is it possible to search for videos that are commercially placed before, over or after a youtube clip?

Thanks for you input

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas C G
September 2015

Re: Search for paid campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI John Paul,

thanks for your answer! Is there also a possibility to see weather a youtube hosted video is used for Adwords for video? And if yes, is it also public to see in which period of time this video was used commercially?

Thanks for your help and insight,
Thomas

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to Adwords community.

Yes, the Video ads that are shown using Adwords for video must be hosted on YouTube. And most of the videos ads are hosted on YouTube, search for particular video commercial by its title on YouTube search and find it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas C G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI John Paul,

thanks for your answer! Is there also a possibility to see weather a youtube hosted video is used for Adwords for video? And if yes, is it also public to see in which period of time this video was used commercially?

Thanks for your help and insight,
Thomas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas,

No you won't be able to know if a particular video has been advertised through Adwords for video or not (unless you are the one who is promoting those videos). If you want to check what videos is your competitor promoting thorough adwords for video then i am afraid its not possible to do so.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Rohit, for your explanation - that's a pity, especially when it comes to videos where I have copyrights on... So basically, I have no chance to proof that a particular video was used for advertising purposes. I know I can contact Google, make them aware and they will stop the video or start a legal issue. But that's not what I want: I'm happy they use the video, but they should pay me for the copyrights - if I had proof, I could contact them and stop the video only in case they deny a payment.

All the best,
Thomas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas,

There is one way to see if any video is used for advertising. In YouTube analytics, for every videos of yours, you can see the the source from where you are getting traffic for it. So in case one of your video is getting advertised, you will see traffic coming from YouTube advertising against it. You should try this.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna