Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Retarget audience who has seen 25% or more of a YouTube video or more

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

Is it possible to set up a remarketing list containg only audiences who has seen a certain percentage or more of a YouTube video? For exanple 25% or more of a video. 

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retarget audience who has seen 25% or more of a YouTube video or more

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm.... Interesting.... The list is a cookie based and created once the user has visited the page, so I don't think. I'm curious, though, what would be the benefit of RM campaigns of users who completed 30% of the video compared with ones watched the whole video or  users who watched a few seconds?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Josephine R

There is nothing that will allow you to select a certain percentage, but there is a workaround for building a list who have watched the video in its entirety or at least the first 30 seconds of it.

You can do this by linking Adwords with YouTube, and then create a TrueView in-stream only campaign in Adwords. This will create a list of people who actually watched the video or up to 30 seconds if it's longer than that.   It will not include the people who click skip unless it's after the 30 second mark. 

I can understand why you might want to try limiting the list to certain percentages, but I agree with @MosheTLV that you most likely would not see any difference compared to how it currently works.

All the details on remarketing to YouTube viewers can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks both of you!

This was a request from a client, so not sure what the benefits of doing this would actually be.

I guess the only reason of doing this would be if you want to remarket towards audiences who have watched less than the whole trueview video ad, if the video is shorter than 30 second...

Anywhooo, not really an issue anymore as they changed their minds about it.

Retarget audience who has seen 25% or more of a YouTube video or more

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can target quartile viewership on Facebook but not on YouTube, though, it wouldn't shock me if they rolled this out in 2018.