Guide Me
star_border

Redirect URL of affiliate program in Youtube in stream video

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I would like to know whether redirect affiliate program URL as in stream video OR banner ad is allowed on Youtube Video ads.

This is for a 3rd Party video that I'm going to insert the affiliate ads in and the ads will be related / closely related to the actual products on these videos.

And redirection using my existing website OR Google Shortener is allowed ?

Thanks all
Vincent

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

AdWords and affiliate network is pretty debatable. As per my best understanding you should be promoting the videos that you or your client actually owns rather than the affiliate videos.

I would strongly recommend going through this Video ad policy for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Thank you for your reply. I have seen these procedures from several top contributors here.

1. Log into AdWords
2. Click on all Video Campaigns (left hand side navigation)
3. Click on your existing Campaign
4. Click on the Targets Tab
5. Click on the new Targeting Group button
6. Click on Advanced Options under the "Target people watching content" section
7. Next to Placements, click "Add Placements"

The problem is, when I log into my Adwords, the Video Campaign section on the Left, I can't find it. That's why I was not able to create or try out the video campaigns on Youtube videos.

As i'm looking forward to either In Stream video ads OR Banner ads on Youtube Public Videos, accordance to my niche selection of videos .

Anyway, I can attach the screen shot i took, so you will have a better idea on what I'm trying to tell you.

Thanks a lot

Vincent