6.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA for social interactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use RLSA to target audience who watched my movies in YouTube or had other interaction with my social channels?

Thanks,

Ido

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RLSA for social interactions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ido B,

You can show tailored ads to millions of viewers across YouTube and video partner sites, based on their past interactions with your videos or YouTube channel. This is known as “video remarketing.” By reinforcing your message with people who have already seen your videos or channel, you’re more likely to succeed in increasing your return on investment. These are some key benefits:

• Improved ROI: Advertisers who use remarketing on YouTube have improved their return on investment (ROI) by showing video ads to people interested in their product or service.
  • Broader scope: With YouTube's vast network, your video ad can reach potential customers on your remarketing list.
  • Efficient pricing: The AdWords auction model offers competitive rates that meet your target ROI. With CPV bidding, you'll pay for video views and other video interactions, such as clicks on the call-to-action overlays (CTAs), cards, and companion banners.
  • Flexibility: Usually, remarketing (also known as "remessaging" or "retargeting") is based on visitors' actions on a website. With AdWords and YouTube, you can remarket based on actions specific to your YouTube videos, including when viewers like, dislike, comment on, and share your video.

How video remarketing works

Remarketing lists are created by linking your YouTube account to your AdWords account. Once you link accounts, you can create remarketing lists that reach people who have done the following YouTube-related actions:

• People who watch any of your videos
  • People who take an action (like, dislike, comment, or share) on any of your videos
  • People who view your video as a TrueView video ad
  • People who visit or subscribe to your YouTube channel

You can then use these lists in your targeting settings for new or existing video campaigns. Manage your lists anytime in the "Audiences" section of the AdWords shared library.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Didn't understand from you answer... does video remarketing can use for RSLA?

Also, can I use text ads or only display?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ido B,

You are very welcome. My apologies for not being clearer. 

Once you follow the steps above, you will have your YouTube linked to your AdWords account and can employ video remarketing with your Youtube videos. 

RLSA stands for Remarketing Lists for Search Ads and is a feature that lets you customize search ads campaigns for people who have previously visited your site. Remarketing lists for Search ads are only available for: 

• "Search Network only - All features" 
  • "Search Network only - Dynamic Search Ads

You can learn more about RLSA here

Please let us know if this provides the answer you were seeking or if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James