Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

New Update January 18 ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Starting on 18 January 2017, display and video ad groups that don' t have a targeting method selected will be eligible to show ads on the Google Display Network and YouTube. Pause any ad groups you don't want to run."
I just wanted to know what does it exactly mean. Like for example i have a true video campaign running and i have not set the targeting but i have set a specific keyword and i have also selected to show my ads on Youtube only. So what will happen to my campaign or what changes i need to make.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhinav S
January 2017

New Update January 18 ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ABHINAV S,

Keywords are a type of targeting. So, there would be no change to your campaign using keywords.

Some people create campaigns and ads but do not add in targeting until they are ready to launch. In this situation, they are now eligible to be active, although the AdWords new feature alert does go on to say any in this situation on January 18th will be automatically paused. So, these ads will be paused but after the date of January 18th, those that create a campaign and ad but leave off targeting... are eligible to show on the Google Display Network and YouTube.  

The correct way is to pause the campaign while it is under construction and then resume it when all of the elements are perfected and you are ready to roll.  

Kind Regards,

James 

New Update January 18 ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info mate.