AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

My Call to action buttons are not showing on my youtube videos, how do I fix this?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Call to action buttons are not showing on my youtube videos, how do I fix this?

All of my video campaigns are paused and even  when I run them on my videos they don't show up and I have turned my monetization off. Can I please  get help on how to resolve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could This be because I have cards and a end screen in my video?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aries, 

Only one overlay can appear at a time. If you change the overlay, the original overlay information will be replaced.

To create or edit a CTA overlay in AdWords for an existing video campaign, follow these steps:

-Click the Campaigns tab, and then select the video campaign you want to edit.
-Go to the Videos tab. Click the drop-down

menu next to the video you want to edit and select Edit Call to Action.
-Enter the required information and click Save.

*If you don't see the drop-down menu, you may need to link your YouTube channel with your AdWords account. 

To create or edit a CTA overlay in YouTube for an existing video campaign, follow these steps:
-Go to Creator Studio by clicking your account icon > Creator Studio.
-In the left menu, click Video Manager.
-Click the drop-down menu next to the video you want to edit and select Info & Settings.
-Below the video, click the Call-to-action overlay tab.
-Enter the required information and click Save changes.

-Julia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have to remove everything off of my videos except my call to action overlay and it should  show  up?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aries T
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You don't have to remove anything off of your video (in YouTube). Just set up your CTA overlay in adwords so it appears when your video shows as an ad through adwords. 

-Julia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright Thank you. Can my video be monetized and still show the CTA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The CTA you set in adwords will show when your video shows as an ad. When your video is played on YouTube organically (not served as an ad), your video will show CTAs, cards, etc. that are set in YouTube. 

-Julia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

all i have is 1 video in my cta list, how would i add more videos so i can apply cta to them as well?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i need cta on more videos how would i add more videos to that list to edit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering how to get the CTA to appear on ALL my videos. Is this possible, or do you have to run a campaign in adwords for every single video you want the CTA to appear on?  I would like the same CTA to appear across my entire channel.