1.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Moving video campaigns to new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have to move all Video Campaigns from one AdWords account to a new one. I was wondering if there are options to do so by export/import or something similar?

Or do I have to manually recreate every campaign and ad?

Tanks!

Re: Moving video campaigns to new account

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Yes, you can do it using AdWords Editor, but you should keep in mind that performance statistics, such as impressions and clicks, don't transfer to the new campaign.

Go over the following URL to get the full picture and to know how to implement it:
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38654?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but I was refering to video campaigns (if you select All Video Campaigns, in the collapsible menu on the left) , which don't show in the Editor, as far as I know and can tell.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for clarification. Actually I have never tried to move an video campaign. I read the previous article and it doesn't mention any excluded campaigns for the process of moving so I deduced that it's available for video campaigns as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's what I thought as well, but when I looked for the campaigns in Editor, they don't show up. Also, in order to do a bulk import in the new account, you have to specify some actions in a column (like create, edit, delete etc). Also, what I don't understand is, when exporting from the old account, that in the csv file there is no indication of any destination URL or display URL, which makes me wonder how am I supposed to know all the important data for a new set-up? I also can't find these infos in the interface...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,

Did you ever find an answer to this question?