Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile App Install appear only on Youtube Application

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We got 2 video campaigns to drive app installation on ios devices but with different subtype:

1. Mobile app install

2. Standard - with a link to the AppStore

We made sure that both campaign appear only on iphone devices. 

We tried for a long time to get the ads on our personal devices and from what we could see mobile app install appears only when viewing the ad on youtube application while the standard appear only when viewing youtube in browser from the iphone device.

Does that make sense?

Is there a difference in adwords if the user is searching/see video from youtube application or youtube website? 

Thanks for the help

Re: Mobile App Install appear only on Youtube Application

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lital,

Your ads will only run on YouTube mobile and tablet apps. They won’t run on desktop the YouTube mobile website, or on partner video sites on the Display Network.

Please read more about this :-https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6310477

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for your answer.
The link you send is for app installs campaigns.
What about video ads of standard type? Will they also run only on the YouTube mobile app?

Thanks,
Lital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for your answer.
The link you send is for app installs campaigns.
What about video ads of standard type? Will they also run only on the YouTube mobile app?

Thanks,
Lital

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lital,

TrueView video ads for your app on YouTube and across video partner sites and apps, create a TrueView for mobile app installs campaign.

Please go through the below URL:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6310618?hl=en

Please let us know if you have query?
Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for your answer. I am not referring to the general Video ads but the two subtypes of Video ads: standard and app install.
Both campaigns I mentioned are running on Videos.
Yet, the app install one appears only on the youtube application. While the standard one appear only on YouTube website?

Is there a way that I can view my ads from the app install campaign on YouTube website?

Thanks,
Lital

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lital,

Yes, Standard Video Ads campaign ads appear on YouTube site. But you can't view you Ads on YouTube website yourself because of large inventory and it shows randomly to the User End according to Bid & Budget.

I will recommend to go to the YouTube website and watch those type of videos which you have targeted in your App Install Campaigns (in Standard Video Ads Campaign).

Example if your app is related to music like Savan then you can try to watch songs video then you might be able to see your Savan App Ads within those Videos.

You can judge your campaign according to the stats your are getting in your App Install Ads Campaign.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for your response but I could not understand the answer to my question.
I will try to rephrase:
Given a YouTube Videos ads that are targeted for iphone and ipad devices only.
Will it be shown to users of the YouTube mobile application or the YouTube Website?

From what I have seen so far Standard subtype are displayed on the YouTube website while app install type campaigns are displayed on YouTube mobile application.
Is there any difference in where they are displayed (YouTube website vs YouTube application)?

Thanks,
Lital

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lital
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lital,

Your ads will appear on YouTube App and YouTube mobile site.

You can't see your ads yourself by browsing YouTube App and YouTube Mobile site.
Please let us know if have any query.

Thanks,
Anand