AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to share Youtube remarketing lists accross accounts?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I was discussing with a collegue if there's a possiblity of sharing Youtube remarketing lists between different accounts above the same client's MCC.
She said that she could do it for the rest of remarketing lists but not for the youtube list.
Is there a different procedure for this kind of list?
Or why she can't share specially this Youtube list to the rest of her accounts?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There,

I think this issue comes down to the fact that you can link multiple Youtube accounts with a single Adwords account, but not the other way around. Will come down to privacy and data protection in some way I'm guessing.

What are you trying to achieve here? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Abbie,

My collegue is trying to use the list of viewers from an adwords-youtube linked account with the rest of the Adwords accounts (from the same client who sells different services in their coresponding accounts), so she can cross-sell between that users.

Even if she has one Adwords account linked with multiple Youtube accounts, why she can't share Youtube Remarketing lists with the other AdWords accounts?

The privacy should be the same for the rest of the rmk lists aswell and actually she can share the others. I don't really understand why Youtube is different.

Thank you for your answer, Abbey.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Paloma S;

This is a good question. To my recollection the YouTube Remarketing code is different, hence the list  cannot be shared;

Also note that he Remarketing lists created for YouTube is different than those for Adwords;

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV,

Maybe I didn't understood correctly but the help section you shared doesn't specifically explain that you can't share the youtube remarketing lists with different AdWords accounts, but you can't share between multiple Youtube channels.

• If you have multiple YouTube channels, you can also link more than one YouTube account to your AdWords account. While you can create several lists per channel, you can't use the same list on multiple channels.

So I still don't understand why it should be different from other remarketing lists and can't be share among multiple accounts in AdWords below the same MCC. If is just because the code is different due to being different channels for placing and ad, it would be a great new feature to be able to share the lists from Youtube for the same client's accounts!

Thank you for your answer!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Agree. It is not specifically mentioned, but it does mention that the code is different for the two remarketing lists. If the code is different, you cannot share - this my understanding.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’