Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Is Adwords Fraudulent?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

promoting some videos...1000s of views, yet not a single comment, like or dislike...and dont give me that bull about my video is not interesting enough, people are watching it...

go on explain how this is possible? 3000 people viewed it yet no engagement at all..I am paying for engagement not fake views

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is Adwords Fraudulent?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Micheal,

If you are running Trueview video ads and then your primary return will be views and secondary will be likes or comments. Its not necessary that you will get equal/similar number of comments/likes as video views.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
oh so let me get this straight...you count that 3 second ad (my video) that users view before the video they actually want to watch, as a legitimate view? that is fraudulent in itself

When I pay for a view, i expect someone watched at least 25% of it, not 3 seconds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
that is not a view, more of an 'impression'...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi micheal,

YouTube records a view and charges you once the user completes 30 secs or at the end of the video whichever is earlier..

Regards
Rohit khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't believe any of this...how can you have 3000 views and not a single like, or comment? Your views are a complete waste of people's money and you are misleading them...When people pay for views, it means they want people interacting with their videos, they want to generate traffic...

Your 'views' are just quick throw-away impressions that are worthless

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I restricted my campaign to only 'Youtube search', this means people are coming from the search results, which means they are purposefully clicking the video because they want to view it...I'll get to the bottom of this

If I get 1000 views of this type and still no comments, this is fraud

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I know that the first 5 secs are unskippable, but if you are looking at engagement, you should look at the time after that. Try looking at the video played metrics (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). This way you will understand if people have gone ahead and watched your video and not skipped your ad. These metrics will help you understand how many users are engaging with your ad.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi @Micheal J - out of interest, how long is your full video?