Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

InSearch Managed Placements Not Receiving Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I'm using some Youtube channels as managed placements in some In-Search campaigns. For unknown reason, the campaigns that have started this month don't generate any impression on this type of targeting. These are large gaming channels, which from my past experience should generate huge number of impressions, but somehow they don't work at all anymore. Is there something changed in Adwords? I've checked with the previous campaigns and the configuration of the campaigns and adgroups is the same. The only thing different is that for the last campaigns I've started to use Adwords Editor (which didn't have any support for video campaigns until recently). The channels are still uploaded manually (because in Editor it asks for the channel ID, which is a pain if you have a list of hundred different channels).

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Florian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: InSearch Managed Placements Not Receiving Impressions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Florian,

The InSearch ad formats don't exist anymore. InStream and InDisplay are the formats available for Video campaigns. Here's more info on this.

I'm assuming you'd want the video ad to play when users click on the thumbnail and not before or in between a YouTube video. InDisplay ad format would be appropriate for that. Try creating a new campaign with InDisplay ad group and ads, along with the list of YouTube channels. It should work like a charm Smiley Happy

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

I'm still used to say InSearch, although I know that now is called InDisplay.

So, I'm using the InDisplay ad format, that is the one that doesn't seem to work anymore. All the other targeting InDisplay options I'm using (Brand - Keywords; Competitors - Keywords; Interests, Retargeting) are working fine.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
What targeting methods have you used in the InDisplay ad group? Too many may make your targeting too narrow which might cause the ad to stop serving.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Only one targeting method per adgroup. I keep them separate for the reasons you've mentioned.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
So you have InDisplay ad format with one targeting method/ad group and there are no impressions for any of the placements.

Have you checked if the ads approved? Also any account level issues like billing/policy? Is the video available on YouTube?
Sumanth Sridhar