[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a campaign Search plus Display Select with 2 ad groups:

1. Text Ads ad-group

2. In-video static image ads ad-group

Since the ad format is different, the first ad-group ads will be displayed on Google search and display network and the second ad-group only on the video sites of GDN. If the keywords for these two Ad-groups are same will it compete with each other? 

Thanks,

Sheema

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In-video static image Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sheema,

While they wouldn't compete to an extent that one pulls down the performance of other, it is a good practice to separate Search & Display campaigns, to avoid budget being eaten up by either of the networks.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth,

I do not have budget to start a separate campaign and I do not want to reduce the budget for my current campaign.

So if I continue with the same structure my keywords wont compete with other?

Thanks,
Sheema

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sheema,

As you may be aware, text ads are eligible to run on the display network as well. If you've created a 'Search Network with Display Select', your ads would serve on keyword contextual targeting and if you've got similar keywords in both the ad groups, both your ads become eligible to show on automatic placements. This isn't ideal, as you'd like the display ad to serve on the display network. It is understandable that your budget doesn't allow creating a separate campaign. Unfortunately, this campaign type doesn't give much flexibility.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar