2.3K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

In-video Overlay Ads and Standard Display Ads on youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I would like to run In-video Overlay Ads and Standard Display Ads on youtube and do i have to have  a  Youtube channel to be able to run such ads?

And i don't have to have youtube channel how can i manage to show my ads when specific keywords are searched on youtube?

Any kind of assistance would be much appreciated since i'm novice about all Adwords universe.

thanks

Selen

Re: In-video Overlay Ads and Standard Display Ads on youtube

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Nope, you don't need a channel! You can set up a regular display campaign with Youtube.com targeted as a placement Smiley Happy

You can find more details about setting up your Youtube ads, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456100?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can't target keyword searches with a display campaign with banners.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,

Thank you for the explanation. It helps me a lot.

have a great day! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Adrian, ohh ok, since it is gonna be GDN ad campaign shown only on youtube, keyword search can not be added then.
I might go with specific video urls it may work better for my case.

Thank you for all the help.

best regards xx

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The instructions and strategies involving video targeting within Adwords has quite a ways to go.

I just got off the phone with an expert at Adwords and she was not aware of how overlay image ads are running on YT.

Here's what I did and it parallels similar to what the original poster did:

In my display network campaign, I created an adgroup for YT targeting. I created 728x90 and 468x60 jpg ads and targeted specific URLs in YouTube. I didn't use any topics or KW - just single URL placements. My bid for each image ad was set quite high ($4CPC). After 1 week, I am getting no impressions. Ads have been approved a day after creating them.

My destination URL for the image goes to my domain outside of YT.  Do we need to send users to our YT video?  Maybe that's the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marlon