4.6K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

In the US, can in-stream ads be :20?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been running :15 skibbable in-stream ads. Would like to know if we can run :20 and if we have the non-skibbable option?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In the US, can in-stream ads be :20?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Mackenzie,

Yes, you can run unskippable InStream ads with a 0:20 length. These are called Standard InStream ads (a part of Reserve Buy) which are bought on a CPM basis. Standard InStream ads aren't a part of AdWords, as they aren't auction based. You'll have to contact a Google representative or an agency to get started. More info on Reserve Buy here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the feedback. I assume the Standard InStream ads have campaign minimums, do you how much they are?

If we cannot maintain the minimum spend, can we still run the :20 ad through AdWords (but it will be skibbable)?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Well, I don't have much info on rates, as they differ based on country, targeting options and duration of the campaign. I'd suggest getting in touch with a Google Rep or an Agency for info on that.

Yes, from the AdWords POV, you can run skippable InStream ads with a 0:20 length.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
skippable video ad can be as long as 1 min also, but recommended is below 30 sec.

are you running 15 sec from the GDN campaign with display ad-builder? you can run 20 sec non skippable from there as well.