5.7K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

I am so Confused

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I was in the process on creating my ad campaign for my YouTube video and was hoping to spend £10.

However I need help do I need to include a VAT number? if they charge me VAT will it continue taking more from my bank account even after the campaign is finished that is what I am worried about. 

Also i will be selecting a campaign budget of 10 pound but i was reading that sometimes they go over this which makes me a little scared. Don't want to wake up seeing my billing more than it should. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am so Confused

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Keith,

Taxation is different from country to country, and I assume you're referring to EU. A valid VAT id is required to set up AdWords. However, if your business is for commercial gains (not a non profit), you wouldn't be charged VAT. You'll have to calculate and pay VAT yourself. I'd suggest reading this article for more info.

Speaking of budget, I assume you'd like to spend £10 per day on your video campaigns. AdWords may sometimes allow up to 20% of your daily budget to be exceeded. This is called over delivery, which is adjusted towards the month and doesn't happen everyday. To be precise, if you have a daily budget of £10, your monthly budget wouldn't exceed 30.4 (avg. days in a month) X 10 (daily budget) which is £304. More info on over delivery here.

Hope that helps. Feel free to write back if you have questions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for replying you have cleared a few thing up for me.
I don't think I have put in a VAT id which was my concern. I thought since I'm not a business but a individual I shouldn't be entering anything in that section?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I'd suggest having your VAT is updated in the account, as you're using AdWords for business purposes, in other words for economic gains.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar