AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How to calculate/estimate number of views on Youtube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Have a client who want to know how many view he can expect in a certain region, for the Target audience: Regular Men / 25 - 30.

The display planner is giving no reliable answer. How do I calculate/estimate number of views on Youtube for a handful of videos? Anyone who has some experience in this field?

Regards

Regin

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Regin B
October 2015

Re: How to calculate/estimate number of views on Youtube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You still can do It by creating a new ad within a targetting group. Once you enter the vídeo url and select It as an instream vídeo It shows you the "estimation" ... which is useless at least for me as its far from being accurate

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Regin,

I don't think you get the estimated number of views data on Display Planner. What you do get is the other data like historical CPC , cookies/week, impressions per week. My personal suggestion would be to be upfront and providing clear picture to the client of what all metrics you might receive and ofcourse the data is approximate and clear picture comes in when you actually run the video campaigns.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You used to be able to plug in an adgroup to a video campaign and add targeting to get an estimated number of views from budget and targeting data, however that functionality has ceased working recently. I would like to know why that has stopped reporting view statistics in the last month.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Regin B
October 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You still can do It by creating a new ad within a targetting group. Once you enter the vídeo url and select It as an instream vídeo It shows you the "estimation" ... which is useless at least for me as its far from being accurate