AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

How To Remove Shared Budgets From Youtube Video Campaigns?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys'

It looks like there is no option to remove a shared budget from a Google video campaign. In search and display we can go to settings and edit the budget section to select "Individual Budget" and then after that we can remove the shared budget.

But for video campaigns this option is not available. 

Already escalated this to Google Support they weren't able to find a solution.

How can I change it? Can some one help.

Cheers

Mudi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To Remove Shared Budgets From Youtube Video Campaigns?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Muditha, how are things?

Shared Budgets are listed on the "Shared Library" option at the bottom of the left menu on Adwords. You can try there to see if you're able to remove it.

More information about this here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey mate,

These options work for search & display, not for video campaigns. As of now option to select individual budgets are not available in video campaign settings.

Cheers
Mudi
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Muditha,

Not being able to remove a TrueView campaign from a shared budget is a known issue that the engineers are currently working on. Although there is no estimated fix date yet, there is a workaround for now:

If there is a video campaign currently under a shared budget, and you want to move it to an individual budget, you can create a new shared budget just for that one campaign. Adding a campaign to a new shared budget will remove it from the previous shared budget. This way, you will have full control over the individual campaign's budget, and can set a shared budget for the remaining campaigns looped into the original shared budget.

Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix, and please let me know if you have any difficulties going through these steps in AdWords.
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey CasseiH,

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I did.

All good.

Cheers
Mudi