AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Hey How can i see my In-stream video ads live?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey I have Created a You - Tube Campaign in Adwords. Now I want to See my In-Stream Video ad on You-tube. How can i See?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hey How can i see my In-stream video ads live?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kosha
Unfortunately, there's no way to preview ads on the display network or on Youtube. Unless you yourself are in an audience that's targeted, you wont be able to see them.

Not great I know, but you just have to trust the stats you see in your account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave,

But is there any In-stream Ads Report. Where i can show all you tube pages where my ads are already shown?

Thanks,
Kosha Shah

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kosha
You can see the various reports available in AdWords and in Youtube Analytics here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375431?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But that's Only for Statistics data. Not any You tube watch pages where my video ad are already shown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kosha S,

You can preview your ad by clicking on the video thumbnail below the ad name (All Video Campaigns / Your_Campaign_Name / Ads tab). You will see a layer with a preview mockup and on the top right corner you will see a "View live on YouTube" button. That will open a preview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCkrvtVt3Y video.

Regarding the pages breakdown, you can get it at "Targets" Tab within your campaign and then on "Placements" at the bottom-right of the graph. That will show you the list of videos in which your ad has been delivered.

Hope that it helps you with this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alvaro,

That Preview ad i already know. But i need to show live you-tube watch pages where my ads are already shown or currently shown.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Kosha,
Alvaro actually answered your question in his second paragraph there.
Please note though that unless you are in the same target audience that you are targeting, you will not see your ads on those pages. You'll likely see another one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay Thanks Dave & Alvaro,

I will try and let you know if have any confusion.

Thanks,
Kosha Shah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try this:

1.- Click on "View live on YouTube" button. Your browser will open the preview page. Copy "&force_ad_encrypted" param and value to your clipboard

2.- Open that youtube video you want your ad to be previewed and append force_ad_encrypted param to It. For instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SmCvKr4H68&force_ad_encrypted=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Note that click wont work because preview url will be escapped (you will need to unescape it to check that it works)