Guide Me
star_border

Exclude youtube placements for kids

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Many of of my youtube video ads (especially in-stream) are shown on and clicked on in videos, where the content are targeting kids.

Does anyone have some bright ideas, tips or tricks on how to exclude such placements in an effective manner?

Best regards,

Magnus

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude youtube placements for kids

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Magnus,

While there's an option target or exclude videos with parental guidance, it would be effective to target relevant audience than excluding all parental statuses.

What's the targeting criteria you've used in your campaign?
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is not possible to target parental status in my country.

It would be something to try out, when/if it becomes applicable.

However I am very doubtfull, that it will clear my targeting for kids
placements. The "unknown" category will most certaintly be the biggest by
far, as most users haven't informed about their parental status.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm actually attempting to do something similar on behalf of a beverage company. I want to ensure our instream ads do not appear in front of any content that might aimed at under-18s. 

There is the option to exclude certain targets:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2454017?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have the same issue, i don't think that there is an effective way to exclude kids content however you can check your placements report daily and do that manually by excluding kids channels that you find in the report.

many advertisers stop or limit the use of adwords (specially adwords for video) for the lack of control over the campaigns and the inaccurate targeting, i hope that google will take serious actions and give more easy control to the advertisers over their campaigns.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Primarily, kids content will come when audience is a parent with interest category that falls under your requirement is using the same device to show edutainment content to their kids.

Excluding keywords/topics related to rhymes/kids content/etc will also help in reducing video ad on such placements.
Apart from that Excluding channels with kids targeted content in bulk by finding them on display planner and periodic review of placement report for further exclusion.

Exclude youtube placements for kids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I'm also finding the similar issue for campaigns. Is there any way to exclude all the kids apps/websites in Adwords?

Regards,

Hemanth