Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Driving traffic to a youtube video from google display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can I Drive traffic to a youtube video from google display network?

Thanks

Roy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Driving traffic to a youtube video from google display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Roy,

Positive, you should be targeting the Display Network to that end whereupon you'll be able to add the url of that particular video as a placement. You are advised to follow this path:
click upper "Display Network" tab / select "+Targeting" red button / select the Ad Group / find "Add targeting" drop down / select "Placements". Then go ahead and add the video as prompted.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos,

I want to drive traffic to my client video from google display network, for example I want everyone that clicks on my banner will redirect to my client video on youtube, is it ok with google guidelines?

Thanks
Roy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It is okay in general; i.e. provided you comply with content requirements. If you are addressing a sensitive topic, come back here with a new query.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Roy,

Why not just promote the video directly? Instead of displaying a banner about the video, display the actual video.

Read more about video advertising and TrueView ads here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3481092?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Why don't you give a try to Google engagement ads?