Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in Gender reporting in AdWords for video Remarketing

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a Video remarketing list fueled with users "Who have seen a video as an Ad" so the list does not contain organic/direct viewers of that video, only Ad viewers.

Now that Ad has been running for 2 weeks and gathering over 100.000 paid views and I have targeted it to Female gender , because it is a perfume commercial.

Video Ads reporting Demographics shows 100% Female , exactly like I have set the Ad to run, Even youtube analytics shows 100% Female viewers, but the remarketing list from Shared Audiences based on that single video running as a TrueView In-Stream Ad shows this Demographics :

remarketing-list-not-100-percent-female.png

It is 19.1 % Unknown gender and 12.5 % Gender Male , instead of 100% Gender Female .

The list video remarketing list ID is 103317704

Can anyone tell me why the video remarketing list does not report 100% Gender = Female as it logically should ? Did my client waste 30% of his budget on different genders than the video campaign targeting ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy in Gender reporting in AdWords for video Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I recall reading once about an issue with demographic and Remarketing. Let me try and find that  article. (If not  removed, with all the changes in the help center Smiley Surprised )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Here it is; though I am not sure this is the root cause for the discrepancy in the data;

• To start using demographic targeting, you can select any "Display Network only" campaign type except a remarketing campaign.
  • For a "Remarketing" campaign make sure you select demographic targeting after creating the campaign.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the help. My problem is with a "demographic report " not with "demographic targeting" . That report should contain 100÷ Female users.

Yes that article explains an exception about how to set demographics targeting in a remarketing campaign. But I am not using a Display remarketing campaign , i am just reading data from a video remarketing list report without using that list as targeting anywhere, so I feel we are talking about different problems.

I am just using the demographic report (not targeting) from a video remarketing list ftom the Shared Library , to check if 100÷ of the users who have seen the video as an Ad are Female. And the demographic report shows a 31÷ discrepancy.

I hope it is only a reporting error.