AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Discovery Ad placement on specific YouTube videos and channels not working.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create YouTube Discovery Ads.  I want the thumbnails of my ads to show up in the recommended column of specific videos on YouTube.

I did add a list of video URLs in the Placement tab in Video Targeting but this didn't work.

I just looked at my stats and I see that my ads had 6000 impressions but none of these impressions were next to the videos that I included in the Placements tab in Video Targeting.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Wojciech L,

Which networks are you opted into for this campaign?  Are you running any other ad groups/targeting along with these placements?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. When I set video targeting only to "Placements", the video ads are shown properly only of the In-stream type. As about the Discovery type ads, with the same placements, the "Where the ads were shown" tabs displays only "www.youtube.com/results" and the "Search terms" of the Keywords section, although I didn't set any keywords, shows absolutely unrelated keywords.

The Networks in the Campaign is only set to "YouTube Search" and "YouTube Videos", without the "Video partners on the Display Network"

Should I also add a secondary targeting method for the Discovery ad group besides "Placements", e.g. "Keywords" or "Topics"? What would you suggest?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Networks in the Campaign is only set to "YouTube Search" and "YouTube Videos", without the "Video partners on the Display Network"

Should I also add a secondary targeting method for the Discovery ad group besides "Placements", e.g. "Keywords" or "Topics"? What would you suggest?