2.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Creating video ads with out skip option

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there..  I have a video campaign running with 2 videos of 20 second each. I used the 20 second videos since i want them unskippable. But what i see in my report is the view through rate is almost same as the longer videos. 

What i want to ask is should i have to apply any extra settings to make my ads unskippable?   If my ads are really running as unskipable ones, what actually the percentage viewed, and lower view rate means?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating video ads with out skip option

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As far as I know, the non-skippable ads are available only by using the Ad Gallery;
https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/187096?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Jitin ,

You can create non-skippable, 15- or 20-second Ads standard InStream ads through AdWords.

Also Please note - A view of a skippable ad will increment the YouTube view count when the ad has been watched completely. Non-skippable ads do not help you in increment the view count.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Shweta;

Could you provide a link to the help center?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Shweta
These are general specs. Have you tried creating a non skippable ads without using the ad-gallery?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@ Moshe TLV

I wrote : You can create non-skippable, 15- or 20-second Ads standard InStream ads through AdWords - Here by Adwords i meant Adwords Display Ad Builder itself , I guess there is confusion here