2.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking for Video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to include a "complete order" conversion tracking to my video campaigns, the problem is that I am already using this format to track my standard (non video) adwords campaigns how do I make it so I can track this kind of conversion for video... Adwords says I can't edit it.

Re: Conversion Tracking for Video?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey EmerEssentials,

Welcome to the community!

Just so I understand, you have two seperate campaigns, video & non-video, with one conversion setup?

As long as you have your video & non-video campaigns seperated, a conversion should be attributed to the correct campaign when one occurs.

For example, I ultimately want a visitor to fill out a contact form on my site. My non-video campaign sends 3 visitors to my site, in which case all three complete the form. Therefore, my non-video campaign will get 3 conversions attributed to it.

On the other hand, my video campaign sent 1 visitor, which they also converted, so my video campaign would be attributed one conversion.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So you are saying that when I created my video campaign the conversion setup I had for my already existing non video campaign was automatically applied to the video campaign?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmerEssentials
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

That is correct.

Your flow is as follows:

AdWords

Campaign #1 - Video

Campaign #2 - Non-Video

(A campaign sends traffic to your website)

Your Website

Conversion #1 - Complete Order

(Campaign traffic completes a conversion. That conversion is attributed to the campaign that sent the visitor.)

Make sense?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've also got a question related to conversion tracking for Video campaigns as well.

Is it possible to record conversions for a mobile app when running a TrueView In-Stream video campaign?
The video adverts destination URL in the Ad Attributes settings is straight to the app listing within the Google Play store, and I have also utilized the Call to Action Overlay to Google Play as well. 

I don't think it's possible since it's not clicking through from an extension but I thought i'd give it a shot!

Thanks,
Cam

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Good question, anzcam. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to this one.

Let me know what you find out when testing.

Thanks!

BI