4.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Companion banner or companion video?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I see and understand the companion banner now for video ads but what is the video placement called that is in the companion banner slot when you search on youtube? I'm seeing videos over there in that position now.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Val T
September 2015

Re: Companion banner or companion video?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Val,

I believe its a default option to have few of those videos inside your channel to be showcased in the space of companion banner. It happens when you don't use a companion banner for your campaign. If you are trying to bring more visitors to your website you can use a companion banner. I tried it once when my goal was to gain maximum views for the videos in my channel.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Val;
Not sure I fully understand the question;
The video ad is called TrueView and the companion banner is optional;

Read more in the following link;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I see the companion banner when ads run in stream but I also see a video that show motion but no sound in that same spot in the companion banner spot. I'm trying to determine how does that video get in that spot?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Val T
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Val,

I believe its a default option to have few of those videos inside your channel to be showcased in the space of companion banner. It happens when you don't use a companion banner for your campaign. If you are trying to bring more visitors to your website you can use a companion banner. I tried it once when my goal was to gain maximum views for the videos in my channel.