AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Can you have more than 30 annotations in a Preroll video ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a pre-roll ad In stream video ad can I have more than 30 annotations that link out to different locations?

Re: Can you have more than 30 annotations in a Preroll video ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dosh,

Call to action overlays are provided for TrueView in-stream ads and in-stream ads.
If a companion ad isn't provided, no other advertiser's ad will appear next to your pre-roll. The CTA overlay appears as soon as the video starts playing, and then collapses to show just the thumbnail image after 15 seconds. On desktop browsers, viewers can hover to expand the CTA. On mobile browsers, viewers can click the thumbnail image or arrow to expand it.

See screenshot below for reference

IMG_3332.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reaching out Julia X. 

Are CTA overlays the only way to have active links on a pre-roll video ? 

Looking to create multiple (20-30 links in a preroll video ( I thought I could do that with annotations). 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

For In stream, you can include a companion banner (300x60) custom image banner ads that appear on the top right corner of the watch page. When an in-stream video ad ends (or is skipped) the companion banner remains on the YouTube page and the user can click on it at any time. Companion banners only appear on a desktop watch page on YouTube. They do not appear on mobile devices, embedded players, connected TVs, or on game consoles.

See link below for reference. 

https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6244557?hl=en&ref_topic=6244532