AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the same video ad for multiple AdWords accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a video production company working for a client that has 3 locations - Kentucky, Ohio, and Pittsburgh. We created 2 short videos to help promote their 3 locations. The videos are more about brand awareness; they are not location specific. Each location has their own website. All 3 locations share the same Google account and YouTube channel.

They want to use the videos we created for them to promote the 3 websites as YouTube pre-roll ads.

I read that it's not a good idea to run ad campaigns for different domains under the same account, so I created 2 more Google accounts and AdWords accounts, so that each location had their own.

The videos were uploaded to their YouTube account with their existing Google account. I created an AdWords account using that existing account's gmail address, and I built the video ad campaign for the Kentucky location, no problem. 

Then, using the new gmail address I created for the Ohio location, I created another AdWords account. I created a video ad campaign, using the same videos as the Kentucky campaign. The domains are different. Some of the same keywords are used. The locations I targeted are different.

The campaign for the Kentucky account seems to be going well. However, there's no impressions/views/etc. for my Ohio video campaign. Did I organize this incorrectly? Are the ads competing, even though the videos are the same but the domains are different?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I use the same video ad for multiple AdWords accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

>>"I read that it's not a good idea to run ad campaigns for different domains under the same account

This applies, (in terms of the Policy) only on the search network. So on display network the cause for no impressions should be looked  within the targeting methods used or the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The amounts I entered for the bids are identical for both campaigns.
Targeting methods are about the same. The locations are different. Some keywords are different.

So should I run 3 campaigns for the 3 websites under one account? Again, each campaign would be using the same exact videos, same URLs.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It will be easier to manage the campaigns in one account, but in terms of impressions - the key is the targeting methods.
Try to raise the bid.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
HI,

Agree with Moshe here. The best guess for no impressions here would be bids or targeting.
Try keeping a more open targeting so that you get more reach for now. Also try raising the bids to a little bit higher level than you maybe comfortable with, simply to see if that is a problem or not. Keep a close eye on the clicks though!

Also, I may have structured the accounts like you did anyways. 3 accounts for 3 locations. This is fine to do as long as you are not competing in the same auction for the same domain.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So even though the budgets, bids, and some keywords in the respective ad groups are the same, I need to increase bids for the Ohio one? I'm not sure I understand how that is a solution, but I'll give it a try. Here's a screenshot of both campaigns.

Thank you both for your input.

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 9.56.10 AM.pngKentuckyScreen Shot 2016-03-15 at 9.57.47 AM.pngOhio

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Try to expand the Geo targeting area. In Ohio your Geo targeting region is too narrow.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Vital C one of the beauties of AdWords is that everything is different, everywhere.  It's very common to find bids for the same Keywords/Ads/landing pages fetching very different CPCs in different regions.  It's for this reason that I always recommend splitting large regions into smaller areas (in the US, I would typically suggest at least State level, possibly with additional overlapping targets for major cities).  What will work for one CPC (or CPV) in one State may be nowhere near enough in another.

For example, I have a client where the same Keyword (and everything else) in CA requires a bid of almost double what it requires in NY to achieve the same position.

I'm sure your next question will be why and it's difficult to pick a single winner here, although competition plays a big part.  Some of it can be simply how people search, what sites they visit, etc.

On another angle, I'd just go over all the settings one more time to look for something obvious that's been missed.  Nine times out of ten when I see zero impressions it's because there's a gross error in the setup or because Ads are awaiting approval, etc.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
On the Ohio version of the ad where you getting impressions but no clicks or no impressions ? What ad formats were you using pre-roll YouTube search YouTube display or the Google display network will you targeting specific placements or letting the ad words platform pick your placements for you ?

Those are some more places to look when trying to diagnose a poorly performing ad.. I agree that your bid they have a lot to do with the performance differences between two somewhat identical ads . Local competition and search volume for a specific keywords can vary a great deal.