AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Can I monetize my video while advertising it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I monetize my video while advertising it through Adwords?

I was wandering if YouTube allows to do that.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I monetize my video while advertising it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emanuela B,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I don't think this idea is going to work as you would be using AdWords for the sole purpose of increasing views to your channels/videos so that you can earn more from Adsense. It not allowed. 

Thanks

Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It does not work, adwords and adsense together for money making.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! Thank you for your reply! So is it ok if I don’t monetize the videos that are being promoted through Adwords and that I actually monetize the ones that are not being promoted? Do you think that works?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that does work, and it does not violate Google or YouTube's policies. It is extremely difficult though to get 100% or above ROI. You really need a pre-split CPM of roughly $6, a minimum of 2.5 views per unique and a CPV of $.015 or better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! Thank you for replying. I am a bit confused cause some people say it’s not good and some other ones say it’s good.
Do you know if it’s ok to monetize a YouTube on YouTube if I am boosting it (promoting through paying) on Facebook? Does that go against the Adsense rules?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would not recommend that. Any non-google paid sources violate adsense policy.

In regards to YT policy, paying to boost views on facebook for un-monetized videos depends on how you do it. If you're promoting a post with a YouTube embed, that should be okay (but the ROI is garbage), however paying for people to watch the video or to click view on the video most likely violates YT policy. I would not suggest using Facebook as a paid media source for viewership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. So If I am boosting it on Facebook, then I am not monetizing the video. So only with Adwords I can pay for views and monetize at the same time?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Correct.