Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Budget & delivery

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a highly competitive emergency flood & water damage restoration business in Staten Island New York and am wondering since at any time of the day or night a potential customer could need my service would it be better to have an accelerated delivery of my ads? For many years i have been running standard delivery and think i am missing out on potential work?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Budget & delivery

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Joseph,

In AdWords is Google saying that your budget is limited?

Do you have any form of conversion tracking?

Budget & delivery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No adwords is not saying my budget is limited. My account is being managed by someone and because my budget is only a couple a hundred dollars my marketting person is saying to stick with standard delivery. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

Budget & delivery

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If you have sufficient budget, the delivery option is irrelevant. Changing to accelerated is only useful if your budget is limited and you want your ads to run all the time starting at 12am until the budget is exhausted.

Budget & delivery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since i provide a 24 hour emergency service, i want my ads to be seen whenever morning, noon, or nite my services are needed and not held back, with my budget being divided to make sure it will run all day and night.

Budget & delivery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im hoping also that my ads would not show haphazardly though with accelerated with some optimization depending on my keywords and ads.

Budget & delivery

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

At campaign level, add this column:

Competitive Metrics > Search Lost IS (budget).

Look at the last month and in that column you will see how often your ads didn't run for budget reasons.

If you have conversion tracking, you can look in Dimensions > Time > Hour of Day and see which time of day is providing the best results. I would look at data from Jan 1 to now.

Re: Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also questioned whether the total user search inquiries going initially into the google funnel that might be held back from showing in their campaigns because of a small budget divided by 24 hours and also if their delivery method was accelerated.

Sent from my iPhone

Budget & delivery

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Keep in mind that Google doesn't simply break your budget into 24 one hour segments. They look at the history of your account and allocate impressions accordingly if your budget is limited.