Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Branching out to video remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We've recently started a video campaign and the campaign is doing well. The client is more than happy to test different areas with video advertising so we're looking to possibly branch out onto video remarketing.

Has anyone done this and can you relay your experiences with it? i.e. was it effective

Thanks

Danny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Branching out to video remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Daniel
Yes, we've used it and still do extensively. It can be extremely effective. However, it's really up to the advertiser to make it work for their intended audience. Like anything with AdWords, everyone's mileage will vary and everything you do should be tested before throwing everything at it.

A really cool feature of video remarketing is that your initial remarketing list is already populated for the past 30 days so you don't have to wait, you can get moving with testing it immediately.

A word of warning though. I've found that a frequency cap for video remarketing almost universally needs to be much lower than on any other type of campaign. You've probably noticed it yourself that video remarketing can be super annoying and can damage a brand if it's shoved down viewers throats. I've found that 2-4 per day is more than enough.

Finally, try using your existing video ads and their play percentages to produce a new video. Learn what worked and what caused viewers to drop off at various points in the video, that will help you suss out what your client's audience responds or does not respond to.

Test, test and keep testing. Let us know how you get on.