Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Are there checks for Invalid Youtube views , like Invalid clicks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Some automated scripts can generate invalid youtube views which can affect AdWords for video campaigns.

In the "invalid activity" logs from the billing tabs, are included refunds for "invalid youtube views" which are considered to be generated automatically ?

I am asking because for some placements I see very low click rates for  the video Ads I run.

I think people with adsense accounts running some videos might be using artificially incremented youtube views but I have no way of proving it.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Are there checks for Invalid Youtube views , like Invalid clicks

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Adrian,

We monitor for invalid views, just as we monitor for invalid clicks. I can't really explain the details of that too much, as that might illuminate ways to manipulate the system, but yes, we monitor for it to ensure you're paying for valid activity.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Adrian,

We monitor for invalid views, just as we monitor for invalid clicks. I can't really explain the details of that too much, as that might illuminate ways to manipulate the system, but yes, we monitor for it to ensure you're paying for valid activity.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, that is reassuring, thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for asking this because for the past three months of using adwords, I also had the same question but had no idea how to ask it. sometimes my views go up so much but I get no comments or subscribers from those views which makes really no sense, unless I really do suck that much lol...but I have seen days where I am not running ads and ill comment on someone else's video and that will generate lets say 20 views but out of those 20 I will get 12 subscribers so I just always have a weird feeling when running adwords campaigns but I guess I do find comfort in knowing that they are monitoring somehow.