AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Approved (Limited): Unknown Policy is part of new approval process for Video Ads.

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

I recently found out that there is a new approval process for Video Ads, and that the way it currently works in respect to approval status messages may cause some confusion.  I know it did for me.  

In the past, it would stay "Under Review" until a human being had seen it, and then it would be granted its final approval status.  Now, it goes through some sort of programmatic check first.  Once this is done it will be changed to "Approved (Limited): Unknown Policy."  When you hover over the status balloon the popup layer will be blank. The Policy Details column (not enabled by default) is where you will see the "Unknown Policy" part.  The point to understand is that this is not the final approval status. It just means that it has not gone through a human review yet.  Once that happens, you'll most likely see the status change to "Approved," and if not, there will be a specific reason in the Policy Details column.

I spoke with support rep after seeing this for the first time.   After placing me on hold for a bit, she told me she spoke with an engineer and that they stated it was a "cosmetic"  issue with status messages for this new review process. I suspect this is something that will be changed in the future, but in the meantime I wanted to put this out there in case anyone else gets confused about it like I did. 

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

video_approval.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Approved (Limited): Unknown Policy is part of new approval process for Video Ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for sharing the experience. It saved me from worrying too much.

I am wondering what happened after that. I am facing the same issue (approved - limited - unknown policy) with a all videos in a campaign I am launching. Did your videos get fully approved? If so, how long did it take?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Abdellatif O

yes, everything was approved later that day.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK... Let me check with Google on that change in the approval process.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’