AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

After how many clicks on Video ads should I see conversions?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have never seen conversions reported for video ads. Even when the accounts had both types of conversions setup (adwords and imported analytics) , even when the video ads have received thousands of clicks . 

I have also seen always zero values for the "view through conversions" in the video ads reporting.

Things I have already done :

- looked at the time-frame "all time",

- checked if conversions appear for search ads=yes they appear consistently every day up to 40-50 daily conversions.

Here is a printscreen with what I am usually seeing.

video-ad-conversions.png

Now the question for whoever tested video ads : have you ever seen conversions or "view through conversions" for any video ads ? And if yes , after how many "Clicks" (formerly known as "website clicks" ) ?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: After how many clicks on Video ads should I see conversions?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Video conversions are a bit of a different animal. Your conversion rates are going to usually be a lot lower.

There's no real way to see if you've got things set up correctly or not based on the limited data but from what I know of you, you HAVE got them set up correctly. This just looks like you simply don't have enough data yet.

Here's one I pulled from my account from a small test I ran a few days ago. We're seeing both conversions and view through conversions. However, we had a LOT more views in this test than in yours.

video.jpg

Hope that helps with diagnosing your issue.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Great , so a 0.25% conversion rate from views exists out there.
I think I have setup conversions corectly because I get conversions in adwords and I also see Goals in analytics. The videos are running True-view In-stream with the same destination URL as text ads which convert so I should be seeing view conversions too.
In some campaigns I had over 3000 views with no reported conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I never said it was a good conversation rate Smiley Wink

bear in mind, this was a 2 day test to test tracking and the video remarketing list. We weren't expecting any conversions at all. The CTA is poor and if anything, we were expecting a lot less to be honest.

The point is, it works and there's a lot of room for improvement.

Hopefully that will encourage you to leave it running. Video is a tricky beast. We're using it for transmedia and seeing some incredible results.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would be happy to have 31 conversions every 800 clicks, I think it is a good conversion rate. Especially since I get an average view cost of 1 cent.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got a feedback from a google employee that analytics goals are not reported in the video ads conversion reports, and most of my conversions are imported from analytics.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Wow, that's an interesting development.

I wonder if call conversions are?

Thanks for the update Adrian.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know, you have the power to escalate and ask a googler here Smiley Happy 

I did look in an account which has 2 adwords conversions , not goals ,and after 1400 video ad views there is one giant "view through conversion" , reason enough to gain hope

view-through-conversions-video-ads.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do agree with you. The conversion rate is almost lesser than the number of clicks. But still it can be effective as per 30-50 conversions for less than 500 clicks.