5.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords video sends me to Adwords for website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I am trying to promote a YouTube video I made but once I set everything up and sign into my Adwords account it sends me to the Adwords site to promote my Website. I don't want to promote my website. I just want to gain exposure on the video! Please help! Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords video sends me to Adwords for website

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Tyler,
Video campaigns are now managed within the regular AdWords dashboard. Once in the AdWords account and on the Campaigns tab, you can select Video like in the attached screen shot.Video-campaign.PNG

From there you can set up the budget and targeting to indicate on what type of sites or to what type of person you would like the video shown on/to.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wish I was able to do that, but now whenever I sign into my Adwords account it sends me straight to the page that wants me to finish creating my website campaign! I can't exit out of it or cancel it in any way!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
If you create a dummy campaign with a daily budget of $0.01 you will get to the main dashboard where you can then delete the dummy campaign and create a video one. A couple of hoops to jump through, but should only take a minute or two.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same issue. This is a horrible bug that has made me not want to continue with the campaign. Seems like it would be an easy fix instead of having to have would-be clients jumping through unnecessary hoops. Especially one that requires a credit card number to continue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also... can't just do a daily budget of $0.01. Says value is too small. Sorry... not worth the grief.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Ty and Ronald,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting up your video campaigns. I'm happy to help you get through this process and give feedback to our product teams about any issues. To start, could you please confirm if you are going straight to the AdWords website to start the campaign set-up, or are you going through youtube.com first?

For a quick fix, you should be able to follow Kyle's advice and go through the billing/first campaign set-up by inputing a daily budget of $1/day. You should the immediately pause the campaign after completing the sign-up process so that no ads begin running. You can then create your first video campaign following these steps

Please let me know if you are able to follow these directions and complete the process! I will pass the feedback along to the product team about the difficulty this sign-up process presents when you want to set up a Video campaign as your first campaign.

Cassie