Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Advertise someone else's video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, quick question!

Is it possible to use my personal google account and through adwords, advertise a video that is uploaded by someone else on their youtube channel?

And if so, as the owner of the rights to their video, will they be notified that someone else is advertising it? Is there any way they can find out I'm advertising a video belonging to them? (other than the sudden increase of views)

Thanx in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertise someone else's video?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hi
yes, you can use another video, a lot of people are doing it because of not having one of a decent quality.
you won't be able to add a CTA or a card but companion banner.

Depends on the channel.
As far as I know they won't be notified. But you can see it in Youtube Analytics, sudden jump in views.
But if the account isn't new and has enough videos, they won't notice it. I assume
I would ask them

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I had a video which someone was using as an ad.
I wasn't sure till the mark of views reached the level of 50k.
It's not written anywhere as far as I know except the traffic source in Youtube Analytics > Traffic Source
not sure how it's written there

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I only want to advertise within youtube itself and have the video in question appear in related search results or in suggestions after having watched a related video or just come up as next on autoplay!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
you've mentioned way too many types of ads.
search is a search type in settings of the campaign
that's display

you can't advertise in suggested videos, only above them as an ad
prerolls are chosen on the ad group creation stage (choose In-Stream)

it's difficult to help cause I don't get the question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's ok! I just wanted to know if I can use someone else's video and if they will be notified about it before I get started!

I'll figure the rest out!

Thank you!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Well.. There is confusion here....
Are you asking about promoting someone else content on YouTube using AdWords for video? Why would you pay for that?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The video is mine but is uploaded on someone else's channel and they refuse to put an add on it

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
This is a YouTube issue and not an AdWords issue. If you hold the rights to the video file a complaint with YouTube and ask to be removed from that channel.. Then upload it to your channel and promote it. To promote video you MUST prove to Google that you hold the rights. I dont know other way of doing that rathe than uploading the video to your own channel.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't want to get too much into it but here's the deal

I'm an artist in a foreign country and I released a single through a record label. They ve uploaded the song on their channel but refuse to put an ad for it because ''they want to focus on other things''

So I'm trying to figure out a way around it