2.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Adblock plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, people nowadays people are installing software like AdBlock plus or other, which is hampering AdWords and clients money too. So, I just want to know what can be done if my videos are not shown in websites or youtube. Can anyone tell me what to do in such cases.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manjit P
March 2017

Adblock plus

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

AdBlock doesn't seem to have any impact on AdWords because publishers have found ways to "block the blocker"and   Adblock started to sell ad itself...  Apparently, the "boom" of 2015 around  those extensions  had  less impact than initially estimated, and nowadays it is less  popular than the PR surrounding it...

I am not familiar with effective ad blocker for video;

http://mashable.com/2016/09/13/ad-block-plus-now-sells-ads/#mjt4evbF0aqL

https://thestack.com/world/2016/04/21/sites-that-block-adblockers-seem-to-be-suffering/

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manjit P
March 2017

Adblock plus

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

AdBlock doesn't seem to have any impact on AdWords because publishers have found ways to "block the blocker"and   Adblock started to sell ad itself...  Apparently, the "boom" of 2015 around  those extensions  had  less impact than initially estimated, and nowadays it is less  popular than the PR surrounding it...

I am not familiar with effective ad blocker for video;

http://mashable.com/2016/09/13/ad-block-plus-now-sells-ads/#mjt4evbF0aqL

https://thestack.com/world/2016/04/21/sites-that-block-adblockers-seem-to-be-suffering/

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Adblock plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot...

Adblock plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But at the same time if everyone started using adblocker plus or any other ad blocker software, then how am i suppose to show ads on youtube. Even I have installed it and could not see even a single ad on youtube...which is a threat to the people using AdWord.

Adblock plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's a non-issue in my opinion. On any CPC/CPV model where you're paying for interactions and not simply placements, AdBlockers only reduce the total number of people who would potentially see your ad. If they can't see the ad, they can't interact with it.

Also, I've never seen AdBlockers that block in-stream YouTube video ads. Even if they did, the likelihood of every single person out there using an AdBlocker is extremely unlikely.

As advertisers, we can help reduce the number of people using blockers like these by simply being mindful to keep our marketing efforts relevant and value-adding in a non-intrusive way. This way people won't feel like they're forced to use AdBlockers to enjoy their online experiences.

Adblock plus

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Manjit P

@MosheTLV and @Grant Higginson are correct here. It's really nothing to worry about.  Ad blockers block the ad server from being called client side so even if you are doing CPM, you're not accruing impressions when they are being used.  Most ad blockers are changing how they operate.  Search ads are now allowed by default, and there is also a setting that is now becoming default which allows "Some non-intrusive" advertising through. Ad blockers are now more focused on sites that are loaded with more ads than content.  From an advertiser point I think that is a good thing.  I don't want my ads on those types of sites anyways, and it saves me time when adding negatives on placement reports.  

Adblock plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The solution would be to have rotating video clone urls being pulled from multiple sources to the same client base.  Though that would require 3 levels of data which I'm not sure if the public is ready for or not.