4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for video linking back to AdWords text advert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my first time attempting to use AdWords and i'm finding it extremely frustrating.

I follow the AdWords for video creation, get the campaign all set up and it requires a login.

As soon as I log in I get redirected to the page for creating a new text campaign and cannot get back to my AdWords for video campaign.

Please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emma S
February 2016

Re: AdWords for video linking back to AdWords text advert

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Emma and Axon,

There is a known issue with creating a new campaign and account by going through YouTube. Instead, you should go directly to the AdWords website and create an account there.

Let me know if you still have trouble!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same for me, EXTREMELY frustrating. I don't want to advertise EXCEPT on youtube. The rest of it they can have.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emma S
February 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Emma and Axon,

There is a known issue with creating a new campaign and account by going through YouTube. Instead, you should go directly to the AdWords website and create an account there.

Let me know if you still have trouble!
Cassie

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If you wanted to advertise on Youtube, you can create text ads and/or video ads, but the system will always ask you to create text ads first as its default. You can pause these afterwards. Though here is the thing, if you are to create video ads to run on Youtube, it does not link directly to your website and rather, your Youtube channel. You can also create display ads, aka banner ads too. But you need to create at least one text ad to get the process going and you can pause these text ads after.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hoang, P; That actually isn't true, it was an account creation issue. I didn't have to create any text campaigns to begin with.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a preexisting Adwords account (though I haven't made an ad yet), but I am experiencing the same problem. What should I do? Thanks!

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This older 'Solved' thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.