AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for Video - Is there a frequency capping "per view" ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am not able to find a logical "frequency capping" per view per user for a campaign targeted at youtube, for promoting TrueView In-stream Ads. Is there something I am missing or a work around to limit 1 view per user per month ? 

The frequency capping per impressions is useless since one user can see 10 impressions and view and another user can see 2 impressions and view. The payment is "per view" shouldn't the frequency capping also be "per view" ?

My idea is to build a remarketing list with all who viewed and to exclude that list as I have this option at the campaign level, but it is like scratching my left ear with my right hand.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords for Video - Is there a frequency capping "per view&qu

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Adrian,

You pose an interesting question and the reason for it. I believe the best answer you may get will be from those Community members who have used this feature the most. Let's see if we can get some good (or creative) replies from the Community!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

After some testing, it looks like adding a Negative remarketing list for "Viewed certain Videos as Ads" works to obtain 1.0 in the column "Unique viewers" from a test of a few thousand views.

My concern was that the remarketing list will be built only if 100 people click the Video Ads, now it seems it is built from 100 "Views" .

After some digging I found this very interesting page about Video campaigns upgrades which will take place in April 2014 :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3481092

Under "More consistent performance reporting" I found 

'"Unique viewers and average view frequency, as well as earned actions, can now be reported for the Search Network."

which is basically the improvement i needed, to report how many unique viewers we had after running a campaign for a month, for all targeting. Before this, even if I applied negative remarketing to obtain unique viewers , I was "sailing blindly" because there was no reporting Smiley Happy

Thank you google for this future upgrade

Re: AdWords for Video - Is there a frequency capping "per view&am

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Adrian,

Thanks for the update on this issue. Glad to see Google's future upgrade will address your concerns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know if you have found a solution but this Video clearly demonstrates how frequency capping is determined and set in the Google Adwords for Video platform.see here