star_border

Ad approved but no impressions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hlo

plz help

i make exactly same campaigns and they get approved also

but some get impressions so quickly and some get no impressions at all and the time runs out .. why?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad approved but no impressions.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Sam, how are things?

One campaign getting impressions quickly than another is probably due the search volume from the keywords used.

Can you provide more details? What kind of campaigns didn't get impressions and what was the time? When you say time runs out, are you talking about hours, days, weeks? This have a huge impact on what can happen.

Campaigns usually take place in a few minutes, but data can take from 3 hours up to 48hours to be fully collected on Adwords.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thx for quick reply
i make ad for one day.. full one day passes and ad gets no impressions
on other days same ad for one day gets impressions very quickly like in 10 mins.
( i select accelerated delivery method in each ad)
keywords same ..max. cpv same
. but the one ad is getting 0 impressions and other one in 10s of thousands...
so much disparity..

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Sam,

Those ads are for the exactly same keywords? Text Ads can take up to 3 busines days to be fully approved and run.

One important thing is: Is there a necessity for that constant change? Maybe this is the reason why you're not getting impressions sometimes. You shouldn't change your ads on daily bases. Adwords use historical data, and that much change can confuse the algorithm, making hard for Adwords to understand what's your account intention.

IF you're testing different ads, create a test-windows, something no less then 15 days (30 days in my opinion). You can left a few ads rotating to see which one is better, and then optimize.

The delivery method is configured on campaign level, and not on ad level. If you have multiple campaigns with the same keywords, that's your problem. You shouldn't have duplicated keywords on your account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THX a lot

oh ya i meant campaigns.. i m creating video campaigns for youtube
yes i had two campaigns running with same keywords , for same time..
i have paused one now.. so that will solve my problem?
and yes i change my ads very soon .. make new campaign every time.. is that the reason ad is not running..

so just continuing on one campaign is better than making new campaign every time
help

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

A small addition here. If you are trying to replicate similar campaigns with same settings and audiences across AdWords, only one ad per keyword (or per eligible metric)  would be eligible to enter the ad auction and not all the ads.

It's better that you create unique campaigns and not duplicate ones across the account. That would actually result in un-stability of your account and some times you will see one ad from one campaign running and sometimes another ad running.

Otherwise, you can split the campaigns based on ad scheduling and then compare their performances after a period of time.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thx for helping ..
but just one campaign and just one ad running..
payment checked, ad approved, max.cpv everything in place.. still no impressions
what could the matter be
called adwords help center.. even they checked and couldnt help..

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hey Sam,

If you have just one campaign, keywords are not duplicated and you're just changing the ads, my bet is that the problem is the constant change you're doing on changing the ads.

Adwords works with historic data and use user behavior on your campaigns to try and figure what is your need as an advertiser. If you are constantly changing ads, Adwords may understand that as a bad sign. The ads are not supposed to change that much on daily bases. If you can, you try and let them run for at least one week.

Apart from that, there's the process of ad approving. Google can take up to 3 business day to approve and run an ad, and many steps compose the way until one ad are clear to show for the user.

Can you specify why you need to change ads on daily bases?