Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I preview my ad in mobile?

Thanks

Re: Ad Preview in mobile

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Select from the Tools menu the last option "Ad Preview and Diagnosis" and from the option "Device" select the second option "Mobile device....."

Here are more detailed instructions :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Adrian B, but im talking about adWords for video previews. Thats just for search results campaigns and not for youtube prerolls.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Ok, you didn't mention this in your initial post this is why I wrote an answer about previewing text ads.

For video ads there is no tool to preview the video Ad . 

I have video campaigns running and the only time when I see a "Preview" is in the form of an image at the step when I create the video ad

See the screenshot below where to the right we have "Preview In Stream Ad" but it is only a picture not a real video preview.

preview-in-stream.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I though that by posting on AdWords for Video discussion would be enough clarification (now i see that it is not that clear when you access from email subscriptions, etc). Actually you can preview videos by clicking on "View live in YouTube" button (after clicking on video thumbnail). This works in desktop but... is there something to preview in mobile?

Thank you again
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro P
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh yes, I had a pop up blocker which prevented the button "View live on Youtube" from doing anything.

This seems to be the only feature to preview In-Stream video ads. 

I accessed this feature from my mobile phone to see what happens after clicking the "View live on youtube" from a live mobile and it takes me to https://m.youtube.com/watch?force_ad_enctrypted=..... 

but the entire movie is not my video Ad , it is a video with a text "this is a demo video" .

So my final diagnosis is that there is currently no way of seeing a preview of a TrueView In-Stream ad as it runs on mobiles. I think most elements from the desktop video ad are the same as the mobile video ad, as the Skip button and the Destination URL overlay.