360 Degree Video Ads
It looks like back in July 2015, Google announced the introduction of 360 degree video ads on YouTube. http://adwords.blogspot.com/2015/07/see-future-of-video-by-looking-behind.html
Assuming if we had an advertiser who successfully creates a 360 Degree Video and uploads it to their YouTube Channel using these steps https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631 that we can just use the YouTube link to create a TrueView ad in Adwords. However, I was wondering what limitations if any we have on targeting. This could include the following but please expand if you are aware of any other important requirements when running a 360 Degree Video Campaign.
- Device Limitations
- Geo Limitations
- Browser Limitations
- 3rd Party Ad Tracking Limitations
Re: 360 Degree Video Ads
Thanks for posting to the Community! 360 Degree Video Ads are still quite a new feature, so as you guessed, there are still some limitations for where they can serve:
- You can use 360 degree videos on In-Stream and In-Display, and set up the ads from within the AdWords interface
- The ads do not currently work on embedded players, mobile web, or Safari desktop browser
- You should add the negative placement target "youtube.com::yt_no_360" at the campaign level to prevent 360 Degree Video Ads from appearing on unsupported devices or players
- CTA overlays ad cards can appear on 360 Degree Ads
- 360 Degree Video Ads are available globally and in all supported languages
Hope this helps!